Electrical & Structured Cabling for CyrusOne Data Centres
Scope of works
- Carry out a site survey.
- Install a new fibre backbone to old and new locations.
- Supply and install racks at newly created locations.
- Rewire and upgrade equipment to suit the new system.
- Upgrade all power and install BMS UPS system giving A&B diverse power to critical locations.
CyrusOne’s data centres, located across Europe in Germany, Ireland, Amsterdam, and the United Kingdom, offer comprehensive, high-quality colocation solutions with strong connectivity and versatility. Our best-in-class facilities generate powerful, flexible solutions that deliver always-on connectivity, and are designed to meet surging demands for data, content, and digital innovation.
The main building has been through various fit outs under numerous different companies since being built. CyrusOne were previously running different systems in different locations, but we redesigned the BMS and security to the CyrusOne global standard, therefore giving them the same OS as all the other sites worldwide.
- Finding new routes within the building to accommodate fibre as the existing runs were close to capacity.
- Locating and supplying new equipment to suit the needs of the site, keeping the client running throughout without disruption to business.
- An additional Eaton UPS to be installed to the landlord’s BMS distribution.
- SWA supplies and conduit supplies to outstations.
- Install new containment for the fibre cabling.
The customer changed the final locations for two of the new racks during the project as the rooms were no longer able to house them. This meant removing the racks and power, relocating them to adjacent rooms, decommissioning the fibre and copper network cables, and re-routing and re-terminating these at their new location.
The project was delivered on time, within customer time frames and without the need for any additions to the initial quote. All testing was carried out on-site before handover, with test results supplied to the customer contact in the US via email and copies stored by Berkeley Installations for 5 years from the date of completion. A QA of the environment was completed by the customer’s on-site contact (DCS team leader), the Berkeley PM and the Berkeley site supervisor.