Electrical & Structured Cabling for International Data Centre Company
Scope of works
- Carry out a site survey.
- Install a new fibre backbone to old and new locations.
- Supply and install racks at newly created locations.
- Rewire and upgrade equipment to suit the new system.
- Upgrade all power and install BMS UPS system giving A&B diverse power to critical locations.
We offered structured cabling services to an International Data Centre Company located across Europe and United Kingdom. Their existing location had been subject to various fit out since the building was built and therefore is required our engineers to accommodating for existing cabling to prevent causing disruption. While their new locations required installation to match the new system.
The main building has been through various fit outs under numerous different companies since being built. We redesigned the BMS and security, therefore giving them the same OS as all the other sites worldwide.
- Finding new routes within the building to accommodate fibre as the existing runs were close to capacity.
- Locating and supplying new equipment to suit the needs of the site, keeping the client running throughout without disruption to business.
- An additional Eaton UPS to be installed to the landlord’s BMS distribution.
- SWA supplies and conduit supplies to outstations.
- Install new containment for the fibre cabling.
The customer changed the final locations for two of the new racks during the project as the rooms were no longer able to house them. This meant removing the racks and power, relocating them to adjacent rooms, decommissioning the fibre and copper network cables, and re-routing and re-terminating these at their new location.
The project was delivered on time, within customer time frames and without the need for any additions to the initial quote. All testing was carried out on-site before handover, with test results supplied to the customer contact in the US via email and copies stored by Berkeley Installations for 5 years from the date of completion. A QA of the environment was completed by the customer’s on-site contact (DCS team leader), the Berkeley PM and the Berkeley site supervisor.