Fibre Optic Installations for Digital Realty
Fibre Optic Installations
Scope of works
- Install 5km of Multimode OM4 Fibre.
- Supply and fit additional cable trays and baskets.
- Deliver and site 25 varying 19” racks.
- On-site termination of all cores.
- Rack, stack, and patching.
- Full cert testing and warranty.
Digital Realty built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data centre campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivalled data centre expertise.
The customer requirement on this installation was to install a full site wide fibre backbone for a new power monitoring system, BMS and security.
- Existing issues with overfilled containment.
- Fibres to be installed in both internal and external locations across site.
- Old BMS running parallel on existing fibre.
- Extra basket & trays were installed to deliver new routes for the fibre backbone in numerous locations.
- Different components and materials were used across the project for internal and external locations.
- Our engineers assisted the client with decommissioning and re-patching of links.
A level of flexibility had to be given to the customer regarding the project plan as some areas became more critical as works progressed. We made sure additional labour was available to cover these parts of the project and materials were stocked on-site for repaid deployment to bring certain phases forward.
All works were completed in the 20-week timeframe and to the customer’s satisfaction. Due to this, we are currently in the process of surveying two other locations for the same project.