CyrusOne’s comprehensive European data centre locations in Germany, Ireland, Amsterdam, and the United Kingdom offer high-quality colocation with strong connectivity and versatility. Our best-in-class facilities generate powerful, flexible solutions that deliver always-on connectivity and are designed to meet surging demands for data, content, and digital innovation.
The main building has been through many various fit-outs under numerous different companies since being built. CyrusOne are currently running different systems in different locations. The building BMS and security are to be redesigned to the Cyrusone global standard, therefore having the same OS as all the other sites worldwide.
- Installation Date – 2020-2021
- Department – Electrical/Structured Cabling
- Project Value - £200,000
Scope of Works:
- Carry out a site survey
- Install a new fibre backbone to old and new locations
- Supply and install racks at newly created locations
- Rewire and upgrade equipment to suit new system
- Upgrading all power and installing BMS UPS system giving A&B diverse power to critical locations
- Finding new routes within the building to accommodate fibre as the existing runs are close to capacity.
- Locating and supplying new equipment to suit the needs of the site, keeping the client running throughout without disruption to business.
- An additional Eaton UPS to be installed to the Landlords B BMS distribution.
- SWA supplies and conduit supplies to outstations.
- Install new containment for the fibre cabling.
The customer changed the final locations for 2 of the new racks during the project as the rooms were no longer able to house them. This meant removing the racks and power, relocating them to adjacent rooms, decommissioning the fibre and copper network cables and re-routing and re-terminating these at their new location.
The project was delivered on time, within customer time frames and without the need for any extras or additions to the initial quote. All testing was carried out on site before handover with test results supplied to the customer contact in the US via email with copies stored by Berkeley Installations for 5 years from the date of completion. A QA of the environment was completed by the customers on site contact (DCS team leader), the Berkeley PM and the Berkeley site supervisor.
To find out more about our this case study, or to see out how we can meet your requirements please contact us.