VIRTUS Data Centres, London’s leading data centre company and part of ST Telemedia Global Data Centres Group, owns, designs, builds and operates the country’s most efficient and flexible data centres. VIRTUS leads the industry with award-winning innovation in hyper efficient, ultra-high density and highly interconnected facilities.
Large areas were found to be non-compliant with regards to emergency lighting, the client wanted the whole site tested and full reports to be delivered on the condition. The issues found would then be brought up to the current regulations in order to be covered by an NIC/EIC certificate.
- Installation Date – 2020
- Department – Power/Electrical
- Project Value - £100,000
- Mnufacturers Used - Littledown Lighting
Scope of Works:
- Find and test all emergency lighting, assign assets with a new asset number and compile a full schedule.
- List repairs to client, repair and upgrade all areas.
- Retest and issue a test certificate and a full testing log for future reference so the site team can continue to monitor and repair as required.
- To schedule in the black building drain down (full electrical switch off) of areas whilst not disrupting the day to day running of the data centre.
- Building a full asset list of all items within the site that were previously unlisted.
Littledown lighting assisted with making bespoke gear trays to fit the existing fittings in areas where repairs could not be achieved. The existing lights were a discontinued style, therefore this solution prevented against a mixture of new fittings or replaced block areas.
Multiple failures were made apparent during the project as the battery life was so close to expiry when they had passed initial tests, so multiple areas had batteries replaced in bulk.
The project was delivered on time, within customer time frames and without the need for any extras or additions to the initial quote. All testing was carried out on site before handover with test results supplied to the customer contact in the US via email with copies stored by Berkeley Installations for 5 years from the date of completion. A QA of the environment was completed by the customers on site contact (DCS team leader), the Berkeley PM and the Berkeley site supervisor, leaving the building compliant and with logs to carry on the monitor and easy future maintenance.
To find out more about our this case study, or to see out how we can meet your requirements please contact us.